V I O L E T A C A N O
Illustration for children and other dreamers.
Illustrator based in Madrid, Spain.
I studied Graphic Design: Illustration at Arte Diez Art School, Madrid (2016-2018) and I’m currently working in all kind of projects.
Between one job and the other, I also organize workshops and other activities for children.
My work features childhood, intimacy, emotions and nature.
–Textbook for Santillana Editorial, proyecto CUATRO EN RAYA, 2º de primaria.
– Minicomic por Pure App (2018)
– Intership at Santillana Editorial (2018)
– Art direction for Arte10 market (2017)
– Posters for a reading awakening campaign for Volvoreta (2016)
– Workshop for children at La mar de letras, as part of the tour Literaturas en juego (2018)
– Workshops for children (2016) with Milimbo, and collaboration on his installation In the forest (2017)
– Mazoka Festival (2018) Illustration and drawing festival (Vitoria)
– Art Skills Market (2018, 2019) Art Olimpics at Centro Cultural Daoiz y Velarde (Madrid)
– Arte10 Market (2017, 2018, 2019). Students market at Arte 10 Art School (Madrid)
OTHER TRAINING COURSES:
– Illustration, extended course at Escuela Minúscula (2018-2019)
– Course on graphic novels and storytelling, with Jorge González (2017)
– Workshop on toys design at Medialab Prado (2017)
– Course on character design with Maroto (2017)
– Course on comic, Moment by moment, with Roberto Massó (2017)
– Workshop on botanic illustration at Royal Botanic Garden of Madrid (2015)